Monthly Archives: August 2013
A powerful swing in just minutes, that’s what Pernille Albrechtsen gets out of her Concept 10 10 training.
Albrechtsen’s tennis team won for the first time in years at a tournament held at the Dunes Tennis Club, located in the North Naples community where she lives.
Albrechtsen, now a local 2012 season tennis champ, has only been playing tennis at the Dunes for about two years. She did not play the sport at all prior to joining up with her tennis partner Gail Tipito with the Collier Tennis Association.
Pernille and her husband Jorgen Albrechtsen were opening the Concept 10 10 location at the same time she was getting started in the game. The club was set up and operational for the second season of tennis.
Pernille Albrechtsen started working out at Concept 10 10 for 20 minutes about every five to seven days– soon it was even less than 20 minutes per session as her weight was maximized on several of the six machines. Learn about those workout specifics here.
“I’m faster on the court. I can move around and I don’t get tired. Now, I’m stronger than the other girls are. I don’t get injuries the way the other girls do, but I did the first year,” she said.
Albrechtsen suffered a hamstring injury that she attributes in-part to jumping into the game without building up the proper strength.
“You’re not getting stronger playing tennis at the level we’re playing. You’re standing still. Then, when you set off to run after the ball, you’re more likely to get injured,” she said.
Albrechtsen isn’t taking that risk anymore. She admits with a laugh that there are days she wishes the leg press were broken. Despite the fact that it takes only about three minutes or less on each machine, it is tough.
“I know I have to do Concept 10 10 High Intensity Training because it gives me the strength, the power. The better you are at those hard, deep strokes, the opponents can’t take it.”
Another great advantage to her game was that lingering frequent bouts of back pain were alleviated by strength training on the lower back machine at Concept 10 10.
Pernille has always been active. She’s a certified aerobics instructor, fitness trainer and trained more than 200 other aerobics instructors. She also played badminton and handball, her favorite for years. She has the greatest strength of her life because of Concept 10 10.
Want to hear another tennis player’s personal testimonial with Concept 10 10? Watch this video on the Concept 10 10 TV channel on You Tube.
Sandy Einck, 61, used to walk four miles sopping in sweat from the South Florida heat every single day. Six months ago a friend suggested she try Concept 10 10.
What a difference, she exclaims.
Now she spends 20 minutes each week to get better full body results than she ever got power walking.
“I’m creating muscles I’ve never had before,” she said. “I’ve lost a couple inches too.”
While some people are skeptical at the outset and it takes a session or a couple sessions to see results, Sandy had a different experience.
“First time I did it, I thought this is the ticket,” she said.
What convinced her?
“I mean I hurt. You know when you work to the point it hurts. You know you’re doing something good. It’s that good hurt,” said Sandy.
While Concept 10 10 doesn’t push or promote any particular eating style, the success Sandy experienced from the strength training is motivating her.
“This has given me the incentive to eat healthy,” she said, beaming and exuding a growing self-confidence.
Sandy Einck wasn’t paid to share her experience.
“I found something I love that changed my life. I want other people to experience that. I wish everyone would try it. Just give 20 minutes or so… I plan to do this the rest of my life.”
Concept 10 10 is located in several countries around the world. There is currently a Concept 10 10 in North Naples, which is the world head quarters, and there is a Concept 10 10 opening in downtown Naplesas well as one in Estero.
Concept 10 10 has now released the opportunity to establish a franchise/license in Fort Myers.
It is an excellent business opportunity that doesn’t require any special background as we supply complete training and set up. Part time or absentee ownership is also possible. The Fort Myers location will greatly benefit from all the Naples activities with 3 units soon in operation.
Interested in running a business that adds to health and quality of life? Find out more here and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nothing in the way of a stimulus is present to the body if the intensity of exercise is too low.
- On the end of the spectrum- exercises such as running, though they increase the stimulus for positive adaptation, can increase the chance of damage and injury.
- Harder work of muscles + shorter duration of activity= greater improvement and results.
- You get better cardiovascular stimulus through an exercise you are able to perform for only 60-90 seconds rather than long periods of time. This is because the muscles, as well as the energy systems, are working harder.
- You achieve a greater training effect if you put more effort into your exercise.
- If you are able to engage, fatigue, and weaken muscle fibers within a defined time frame, then you are going to recruit all of the different muscle fiber types assertively- therefore getting the most mechanical and metabolic effort for producing an adaptation.
- When an exercise is performed correctly, it eliminates all of the other extraneous components. This cuts down on excessive force and excessive wear and tear on joints.
Hairstylist LaDonna Roye has worked out at Concept 10 10 in North Naples since 2011.
The workout was perfect for LaDonna. It wasn’t intimidating and she only needed to do it for 20 minutes once per week!
Watch LaDonna here as she describes her experience with Concept 10 10:
Here are some of the key points of why LaDonna said she loves Concept 10 10 better than any other workout she’s ever tried in her life:
- Strength improvement is remarkable with quick results near the outset and continued progress.
- She spends less time and money at the chiropractor and massage therapist
- She doesn’t sweat
- It’s only 20 minutes, once per week.
- The environment at Concept 10 10 in North Naples is nothing like the typical gym environment.
- Personal trainers are professional, knowledgeable and friendly as they motivate her to go beyond what she thought was possible
- She can go right to work after her workout without waiting to stop sweating, showering, etc.
Concept 10 10 is a unique exercise and with it comes a different breathing technique than many people may have learned to use during their previous fitness activities.
Many members find it somewhat difficult to employ this breathing technique at first. However, once they learn how to breathe efficiently, they will soon find they can get the most out of their 20 minute weekly sessions and see better results.
Breathing throughout the performance of each exercise should be continuous, natural and performed with an open mouth. Breathing should be through the mouth and several inhales and exhales will be taken with each movement at Concept 10 10 because the movements are so slow.
As the exercise becomes more difficult, you should deliberately breathe faster.
It is important to break the urge to hold your breath. Many weight lifters may do this by holding their breath while exerting or more precisely closing the glottis or vocal chords, getting a gulp of air in their lungs and then pushing against it. Often you see red faces and tense facial muscles when people are doing this. We DO NOT want this because:
- It raises blood pressure.
- It raises intravascular pressure on the venous circulation and increases intra-thoracic pressure, which decreases venous return to the heart.
- It provides an internal mechanical assist within muscle– which is why weight lifters will hold their breath to make record lifts. However, it undermines the Concept 10 10 goal of fatiguing the muscle, as it essentially short-circuits that process. So, not only is it potentially dangerous to do it, but it also prevents the muscle fatiguing and resulting growth factors we’re working to achieve.
Create Strength, Improve Back Pain, Personal Training
Concept 10 10 is safe for everyone of almost any age and fitness background. It’s recommended to be at least 14 years old due to the size of the machines and maturity to stay focused. However, some even younger people can also benefit with no risk.
Currently, the oldest Concept 10 10 member in Naples Florida is 98 years old. She has two artificial hips and is in the best shape she’s been in for the past several decades.
“Some people say that children under age 14 can’t workout because it will negatively affect their growth. That is another fitness myth.
More on the importance of exercise while aging
Regarding age, there is a very unfortunate belief among some people that senior citizens need or would benefit from less exercise. This is rarely the case.
Concept 10 10 is extremely safe. It is very low impact, with equipment adjusted to clients specific needs and a personal trainer who is focused on only one member.
All of the physiological mechanisms necessary for the human body to adapt to exercise remain intact through every stage of life. The only difference is that a person at age 35 who has never trained with weights is only beginning to lose the muscle mass from the aging process combined with de-conditioning while a person in their 70s has dug a deeper metabolic hole due to allowing muscle atrophy for a longer time.
The remedy for adults of either or any age is the same– reverse the process through strength training. Concept 10 10 is the most efficient strength training there is. Most seniors, as is the same for other members, will need at least five days, to recover from the training.
“Seniors have the most to gain from a high-intensity strength training program like Concept 10 10,” said Albrechtsen.
In the case of inactive seniors, muscles have been laying dormant waiting for stimulus to awaken them. That is why Concept 10 10 trainers observe a common doubling or 100 percent increase in strength among senior members in as little as 6 to 12 weeks!
The only modifications in the exercise are in the case of injury or conditions such as arthritis which may initially restrict range of motion. This is true at any age.
Benefits for seniors (same as other ages only in even greater degree):
- Regain muscle
- Regain strength and muscle size
- Enhanced walking endurance
- Reduced body fat
- Increased metabolism
- Reduced blood pressure
- Improved blood lipid profiles
- Increased gastrointestinal transit speed
- Enhanced glucose utilization
- Alleviated low-back pain
- Increased bone mineral density
- Eased arthritic symptoms
- Relieved depression
- Improved post coronary performance
- Decreased cholesterol
- Decreased dependence on prescription drugs for many conditions (such as blood pressure, cholesterol, depression and diabetes)
- Increased body temperature even while resting